When you like someone, you make promises you can't keep. "Let's be together forever." "I'll always be by your side." But I… So I was wondering… How about we be friends? All relationships come to an end. For the lucky ones, they end with marriage. If not, with breakups. But for some people, they end as soon as their feelings are professed. These feelings in their hearts can't be shared or removed now. And a good word like "friend" becomes the saddest word. For some people, that's how their relationships end.

"I don't want to be friends." I won't say that. "I've also… come to like you." I won't say that either. At least not right now. We don't need to promise to be together forever. I don't know and will never know what "forever" really means anyway. In a two-hour movie, "forever" means two hours. I think that's enough.

-Are you doing okay?
-Not bad. Oh, dear.
-What's wrong?
-Sorry?
-Whenever you say that, it means "Goodness, no way, oh, my god. This is bad. Oh, no. What the hell's going on? Damn it." It includes all of them. I clearly said not bad.
-You don't ask that question to someone who's obviously doing fine. When you ask it to someone who seems to be struggling, and they say they're doing well, they're trying to think positively. "Fine" means that they have no energy to talk about it and want you to stop asking. "Not bad" means that something's definitely going on, but they don't want to explain it to you.

Getting heartbroken isn't a metaphor. You merely can't see the wound. But the injury is real. The problem is that even the patient doesn't know about the injury because it doesn't bleed. "I don't even want to think about it. I'll pretend that it never happened." That's okay for now. If I were to compare this to a car accident, this person's arms, legs, and ribs would all be broken. "Get up and walk. Why are you lying in bed?" You can't say that. You're still hanging in there. I want to say you're doing so well.

Once you've lost someone dear to you, you're willing to believe anything. Things like souls, heaven, reincarnation. Everything. "Now that they're free from pain, they must be flying anywhere they want. They must be enjoying all the food they craved down here and feeling joy. If I pine for them, they may come back as the wind and brush by me."

I think that's what snow is about. It excuses our crazy behaviors. That night… in late spring. The night crazy spring snow fell. With the crazy weather as an excuse, some spread their wounded wings again. And some fluttered their wings that had been folded for a very long time. And the butterflies… flew.

Silence can be uncomfortable sometimes, but you don't always have to take responsibility for it.

When someone gets close to you and you feel uncomfortable around them, it might mean you're scared that you might end up liking them. "If she sees the real me and gets to know everything about me, she'll be disappointed and leave." Or… "After going through all that trouble, I'm falling for someone again." Gosh. I totally know what that's like. Now when I'm about to fall for someone, I no longer feel excited. I think, "Gosh, I'm doomed. I'm in big trouble." That comes to my mind first.

Breaking up with someone means you must say goodbye to everything you met through them. For example, their friends who were just as close with you, the restaurants you frequented, and the songs they sang to you. You must bid your last farewell to everything that was once dear to you.

I wanted to tell her this. "It's okay to break down. You don't have to fight it. It's okay to hold on to somebody as you get back up." And I almost slipped and told her this as well. "I hope… that I can be that somebody."

The fact that I'm breathing is enough proof that I'm doing well despite not shining brightly all the time. You're the one who taught me this.

For those who have no hope and want to give up, seeing a twinkling light… Being watched from afar, or a slight brush of a finger is more than enough.

That night, you embraced the foolish me who dared to lose you because I was scared to hurt you.

Are you okay now? Are you not hurting anymore? It must have been really hard on you. And I hope… things will be a bit easier on you. "It must've been really hard on you. I hope that there won't be any more pain." It means although they couldn't embrace your pain, they want to give you a warm hug for overcoming those painful days. It's the most comforting thing to hear.

Such meaningful pieces - 

To avoid hurting her, I pushed her to the other side of the world.  But she folded the world in half to get close to me.  How come I can never push you away? How come I can't control myself with you?