BlueSky:

I haven't finish reading the novel but I'm impatient lol. Why did LZS thought his original father is Gu Langhua? Where the relation came from?

Jiang He cheated LZS's mother saying his family name is Gu.

Wow they didn’t mention this in the drama?

Emmaline Zhang:

Wow they didn’t mention this in the drama?

Probably the screenwriter forgot it. The drama missed tons of novel details, and also changed a lot of the second half, it's difficult to fill the logic holes in this case.

My goodness so that's the case. I do think  it's really worth to read the original novel. It had more details that can't be included in drama because of 40 eps limit.

CloudA:

Jiang He cheated LZS's mother saying his family name is Gu.

First, thank you for this thread!

I still wouldn't feel pity for LZS though... But at least it would have been great to know  that JH used the Gu family name since it would have made some things make more sense. 

I went through all your posts  and while I loved the drama and am already rewatching parts of it, I feel if they had followed the novel  more closely it would have made for a richer experience.  

BlueSky:

My goodness so that's the case. I do think  it's really worth to read the original novel. It had more details that can't be included in drama because of 40 eps limit.

Ari_Lee:

First, thank you for this thread!

I still wouldn't feel pity for LZS though... But at least it would have been great to know  that JH used the Gu family name since it would have made some things make more sense. 

I went through all your posts  and while I loved the drama and am already rewatching parts of it, I feel if they had followed the novel  more closely it would have made for a richer experience.  

Welcome! Yeah, I highly recommend the novel if you like the drama! More rich storylines of the main couple and other couples in the book. What's more, the political storyline is more reasonable and brilliant, completely different from the drama. GJS is smarter and stronger in the capital arc and final arc. Same as LYR, she destroyed LZS's alliance in Yang Zhou. The drama also didn't show how she runs her business to a large group. The business line is deleted. 

Many more interesting plots in the novel. The drama only showed about 50%. I've put the English-translated novel's link in the article.

New watchers still can leave questions here, I'll reply to you.

Does Qin Wan Zhi die in the novel too? I read a comment somewhere that her and Zhou Ye had a child but can't find anymore information! Their ending was so sad.

Nna:

Does Qin Wan Zhi die in the novel too? I read a comment somewhere that her and Zhou Ye had a child but can't find anymore information! Their ending was so sad.

Yes, she died, but the plot is completely different, in the novel, she's taken hostage by villains to threaten Zhou Ye in a war.