Why does Zhou Ye's father not favour him? Is he the son of the main wife? Or is he only a concubine's son?

I've heard that Yuru has to pretend to be dead. And Jiusi is sent to deal with the Yellow River. And the FL and ML will part for three years.  Is that true?

emberscorpio:

I've heard that Yuru has to pretend to be dead. And Jiusi is sent to deal with the Yellow River. And the FL and ML will part for three years.  Is that true?

Why does she have to pretend to be dead? Are they going to show that in the show or that comes later?

Sirry Usly:

Why does she have to pretend to be dead? Are they going to show that in the show or that comes later?

I’m not sure. I’m obsessed with the show now and I have been poring over some fan vids on bilibili. Some are saying that Jiusi was framed and went to prison. The princess says that she will release him if Jiusi agreed to marry. Yuru tells the princess that that the only way to get Jiusi to marry her is overher (Yuru’s) dead body, literally.  Jiusi would only marry the princess if she were dead. So in order to save Jiusi, Yuru drank a cocktail that made her appear dead. Jiusi was released from prison and thought that Yuru was really dead. Grieving and heartbroken, he requested to be sent on an assignment far away, to the Yellow River project and stayed there for 3 years.  But comments are saying that this didn’t happen in the book.  So I have no idea.

emberscorpio:

I’m not sure. I’m obsessed with the show now and I have been poring over some fan vids on bilibili. Some are saying that Jiusi was framed and went to prison. The princess says that she will release him if she were to marry Jiusi. Yuru tells the princess that Jiusi would marry princess she were dead. So in order to save Jiusi, Yuru drank a cocktail that made her appear dead. Jiusi was released from prison and thought that Yuru was really dead. Grieving and heartbroken, he requested to be sent on an assignment far away, to the Yellow River project and stayed there for 3 years.  But comments are saying that this didn’t happen in the book.  So I have no idea.

Omg....Wait but there are only so many episodes. How are they going to address all that in the show? That probably explains the crying coffin scene that I saw somewhere. I was wondering who that was and when that would occur.  I originally thought it was GJS's dad. 

SerenityShimikaBlack:

Why does Zhou Ye's father not favour him? Is he the son of the main wife? Or is he only a concubine's son?

I think in the book he’s not his biological son

SerenityShimikaBlack:

General Zhou saved Zhou Ye's mother many years ago when she's in danger, but she's already pregnant. Then she married to him, give birth to Zhou Ye. So he's not general's biological father. But he's not a bad father, he's protecting his son from the political fights.

emberscorpio:

It's a rumor script online. I'm not sure if it will appear in drama. But in novel, there's no pretended death, no separation. They went to the Yellow River together.

I'm angry at the screenwriter, who deleted a lot of exciting political plots of novel, added her own unnecessary plots. What's more, she only covers half of the novel. The second half is the best part of the novel, with many highlights of GJS and LYR! And also intelligent political games like Nirvana in Fire!

Highly recommend the novel if you want to know what really happened in the second half. I have put the novel's link in the article :D

emberscorpio:
if she were dead. So in order to save Jiusi, Yuru drank a cocktail that made her appear dead.

I don't think it's in the novel,  and in the drama i don't think they will take this route, i mean no the 3 years apart

YESMISSA:

I don't think it's in the novel,  and in the drama i don't think they will take this route, i mean no the 3 years apart

I surely hope not. I thought maybe for a short time but no.  There’s be too many ‘character believed to be dead comes back to life’ in this show.  I’m still waiting for father Gu to come back

No. 100 replies here! (Btw, English translated novel's  link has been added to the article, check it if you need) :D

CloudA:

It's a rumor script online. I'm not sure if it will appear in drama. But in novel, there's no pretended death, no separation. They went to the Yellow River together.

I'm angry at the screenwriter, who deleted a lot of exciting political plots of novel, added her own unnecessary plots. What's more, she only covers half of the novel. The second half is the best part of the novel, with many highlights of GJS and LYR! And also intelligent political games like Nirvana in Fire!

Highly recommend the novel if you want to know what really happened in the second half. I have put the novel's link in the article :D

the yellow river arc and the last arc are damn awesome. Anyway, i think that it was because of the long and detailed chapters and not enough resources to film it, so they couldn't, like a lot happened at the same time, plus so many characters.

CloudA:

General Zhou saved Zhou Ye's mother many years ago when she's in danger, but she's already pregnant. Then she married to him, give birth to Zhou Ye. So he's not general's biological father. But he's not a bad father, he's protecting his son from the political fights.

Typical drama.   Zhou Ye has to be Fan's illegitimate son or the son of the previous emperor's.  In the end, Zhou becomes the emperor.

At the moment, Zhou Ye only knows he is not the son of General's official wife.

mparthur:

Typical drama.   Zhou Ye has to be Fan's illegitimate son or the son of the previous emperor's.  In the end, Zhou becomes the emperor.

At the moment, Zhou Ye only knows he is not the son of General's official wife.

Zhou Ye's mother is the official wife. General Zhou loves her. He's NOT the son of the previous emperor or Fan's illegitimate son. The novel is NOT the typical trope.

CloudA:

Zhou Ye's mother is the official wife. General Zhou loves her. He's NOT the son of the previous emperor or Fan's illegitimate son. The novel is NOT the typical trope.

Not in the drama.  In one episode, Zhou Ye said he was not a favoured son because his mom was a concubine.  That's why he was told to marry Miss Qin.