It seems like the development between Ik Jun and Seong Hwa is going really well at the moment. Seong Hwa looks a lot brighter and happier when they are together and Ik Jun always smiles so joyfully whenever they interact. It is truly evident that the story that the patient's brother gave to her allowed her to see him beyond as just a friend and helped her to see things in a different light. 

I do hope they wind up together.  I was a little disappointed that they abandoned the love triangle storyline in season 1.  I really liked her other suitor and wonder why they wrote him out?  Even if they had gone in a different direction, I would have liked him to stay on.  

The way song hwa looks at ikjun has changed. She's always smiling at him uwu. And ahn chi hong was a crucial character in season 1. maybe the production team decided that a love triangle just wasnt right. i dont know. Even when i think about it, i dont think theres a single love triangle in hospital playlist. Not just the main leads, the supporting characters as well. a little bit of jealousy is cute but when the storyline is mainly based on their friendship and the life of the people at hospitals, a love triangle with tension just kinda overshadows everything else. I can be wrong though. this is just my opinion.

ivybis:

I do hope they wind up together.  I was a little disappointed that they abandoned the love triangle storyline in season 1.  I really liked her other suitor and wonder why they wrote him out?  Even if they had gone in a different direction, I would have liked him to stay on.  

I liked the other guy as well, he was very thoughtful towards her like noticing that Song Hwa was wearing shoes that were very worn out and used over a decade and just bringing gifts for her. People have said that they lost respect to him after pushing that question onto Ik Jun and make Song Hwa feel uncomfortable. But I don't have an opinion on this and rather not follow the crowd if I am unsure of what my verdict is on that.

Anyway, as much as I liked him, I'm quite glad that they did not push ahead with a love-triangle story, in my personal opinion because it would have made the drama one of the atypical dramas you'd see a lot of the time and I didn't want it to be categorised down to that as this already brings quite a few unique elements to it already. As well as that, I would have been disappointed as I have already seen love-triangle dramas a number of times and have grown frustrated towards them - though they are quite gripping, not going to lie - but still, I rather watch something that I know I will enjoy, rather than expecting a huge disappointment or frustration in the 'who should she choose?' kind of thing.

taetae140110:

The way song hwa looks at ikjun has changed. She's always smiling at him uwu. And ahn chi hong was a crucial character in season 1. maybe the production team decided that a love triangle just wasnt right. i dont know. Even when i think about it, i dont think theres a single love triangle in hospital playlist. Not just the main leads, the supporting characters as well. a little bit of jealousy is cute but when the storyline is mainly based on their friendship and the life of the people at hospitals, a love triangle with tension just kinda overshadows everything else. I can be wrong though. this is just my opinion.

No, I agree with you as well, I think that if this had a love triangle story, then this would have overshadowed the main concept of the drama and this drama would have only been categorised as that if they pushed ahead of it. This drama already has a few unique elements to it, that made it stand out from other dramas so it would have been disappointing if they went down that root.

Take 'True Beauty' and 'Love Alarm', for example, both bring crucial elements to the story and try to convey some sort of message to the viewers (although executed terribly, specifically talking of True Beauty) both of these dramas made the audience shift focus on the two male leads trying to get the girl, rather than what the main story is all about. Idk, I just feel like if they decided to push ahead with that kind of story on HP, it would definitely make us shift our attention away to the small, intricate details that this beautiful story has.

Perhaps I hold a strong opinion against love triangle stories and has vowed to never watch one again that I think this way. 

You