trailer for ep 16 is just soooo....nooooooh.

so basically the novel isn't xianxia enough for the screen?

one of the reasons the novel is so enjoyable is the way the two characters are scripted. their motivation/integrity is now officially just all over the place in the drama.

jaginsing:

trailer for ep 16 is just soooo....nooooooh.

so basically the novel isn't xianxia enough for the screen?

one of the reasons the novel is so enjoyable is the way the two characters are scripted. their motivation/integrity is now officially just all over the place in the drama.

yup exactly. the two characters and the storyline of the novel is very refreshing and nothing like other typical ones. but now they have to ruin them in the drama T.T

I was actually enjoying it being light-hearted and funny and actually having characters that had trust in each other and good communication from day one guess that's hopeless to expect ?

Okay so after watching the trailer for ep 17 and going back to take a look at the schedule poster and the little drawings on some of the episode numbers, I wanted to ask if you could give an idea of the sequence of the scenes that we have seen in trailer and the ending theme song but they have not yet happened yet. Coz I so confused as to where the angst starts and ends. Seems like she turning evil but I see there is a wedding indicated in ep 24 and then from trailers and ending theme song we have seen tianyai and yanhui fighting together or something & there is also the scene of her being punished with thunder I guess. Sorry for the long long question!

Verse:

Okay so after watching the trailer for ep 17 and going back to take a look at the schedule poster and the little drawings on some of the episode numbers, I wanted to ask if you could give an idea of the sequence of the scenes that we have seen in trailer and the ending theme song but they have not yet happened yet. Coz I so confused as to where the angst starts and ends. Seems like she turning evil but I see there is a wedding indicated in ep 24 and then from trailers and ending theme song we have seen tianyai and yanhui fighting together or something & there is also the scene of her being punished with thunder I guess. Sorry for the long long question!

This whole "replace guang shang sect leader with evil dark aura dude" has messed with most of the novel, although it's not the only aspect.

Originally, YH had sleep paralysis....that let her see ghosts. One of the ghosts was harassing her to rescue her daughter (Bai Xiao Lu). Yan Hui did that, was caught, was kicked out of her sect, ran into TY (after meeting the snake demon who had stolen a treasure) because human traffickers sold her to TY's grandma. They are married in the village, run into snake demon again, who helps TY break the seal on his bones. TY helps snake demon break the curse that's been put on the xian cultivator who rescued the snake demon and hid him from the xian cultivators pursuing the demon. Unfortunately, the xian cultivator dies becuase the curse has a sting in the tail - break it and it kills. The only person who could have cast the curse is YH's shifu...so mystery starts and she begins to double shifu. Granny dies and they all part ways. TY and YH have a heart 2 heart and she promises him to find his missing body parts after they both get drunk. End arc 1 (more or less).

Chased by demons twice, and YH suggests going to Yong Zhe city to see her friend (Xiange) for something to make YH smell less enticing to demons. Discover lust fragrance, plot against fox demons, TY's horns being used to make fragrance etc. Retrieve horns and set off. Xian cultivator turns up to take YH back to sect - he is repulsed and TY/YH set off for the fox demon realm. End of second short arc.

They are in the fox demon realm until the end of the book, except where YH is kidnapped by xian sect. A fox demon she meets wants to hook up with her clandestine xian cultivator lover. YH follows. Unfortunately it's a trap and the fox demon dies, YH is captured and sent back to her sect to receive punishment (lightning strikes) from her shifu - ostensibly for practising demonic cultivation. As she's just about to die (8th day of 9 days) TY turns up and rescues her. Because her cultivation base is destroyed she can now freely cultivate demon path, which she does. After meeting fox demon king, she realises that she needs to give TY back the heart protection scale and his neidan if he is to win against the guang shang sect leader, who is poisoning the peace between the xian and demon clans. The fox demon king gifts YH with a memory pearl that will capture all her memories when she dies and let her be reincarnated with memories intact. Once she gives up the scale/neidan she has less than 10 days to live.

Once TY has all his aspects back to together, YH plays a trick on him and gives him back his HPS and neidan, without him knowing, just before final battle with Guang Sheng sect leader. She dies watching from the sidelines, and the illusion demon (Huan Xai) tells TY not to join her in death because YH left herself the option to reincarnate with her memories intact. She does, they reunit, live happily every after.

That's now such a different trajectory with different motivations (the novel, compared to drama) that it's implossible to know what spoilers and for when are hidden in the trailers.  Sorry. The drama has just gone on right off the deep end...the character of YH has been assassinated, TY is OTT, as if it weren't enough that he'd been betrayed, he now has the kids (oh no, think of the children) as a motivation for revenge and therefore stabbing YH (which doesn't happen in the novel) to obtain his HPS....blech. All wrong...just...scrambled.

Spoilers for the drama not following the novel now seem to be doing the rounds....guess the scriptwriters were caught off guard.

jaginsing:

Spoilers for the drama not following the novel now seem to be doing the rounds....guess the scriptwriters were caught off guard.

You did such a good summary there. Yeah I think at this point of the drama, the story has deviate from the novel significantly. There isn’t a way to tell how it will go using the novel. I still think it will still be a happy ending, with YH sacrificed for the greater good and come back to find him. Just how we get there will be quite different to the novel. I don’t love it but I still think it’s a good drama, FL and ML chemistry is still great so will still be good to watch, just probably not one ep every day lol. 

Apparently the excuse for why he didn't try to communicate with Yan Hui before removing the scale from her was "he knew no matter what it'd be a fatal blow to their relationship"

Bull. Just sounds like an excuse for max angst train.

valleyofthelost:

Apparently the excuse for why he didn't try to communicate with Yan Hui before removing the scale from her was "he knew no matter what it'd be a fatal blow to their relationship"

Bull. Just sounds like an excuse for max angst train.

Why would it have been a death blow if all he had said was I need to take it back for a minute I'll give it back to you when I'm done. She knew those little elves meant the world to him and that he wouldn't be able to stand by and do nothing she totally would have been open to giving it back to him since she knows it's his in the first place. Instead he didn't explain anything stabbed her in the heart took it by force left her unconscious and vulnerable without taking like 30 seconds to check on her to see if she was okay lol

Erin:

Why would it have been a death blow if all he had said was I need to take it back for a minute I'll give it back to you when I'm done. She knew those little elves meant the world to him and that he wouldn't be able to stand by and do nothing she totally would have been open to giving it back to him since she knows it's his in the first place.

The sneak peaks are confusing because according to the ppl in the MDL comments he did a sort of "life exchange" spell on her so if she dies then he will instead, or its some sort of protection spell but at the cost of his immortality so its now possible for him to die. Or something. Yet in the ep 17 trailer he's all "she has 3 days to live since the scale was removed from her!" like I'm having difficulty understanding what happened.

Apparently the full quote from mizukilla's translation is "But he also clearly knew that taking back the heart protecting scales, no matter what reason, no matter what kind of protection he did, it would be a fatal wound to his relationship with Yan Hui. "

Me: I love the smell of bullshit in the morning.

I know he did some kind of protection spell so that she couldn't stand attacks or like when people attack her like it'll reflect off or whatever she'll still die like without his scale to plug her heart I mean it's a physical defect there's no way around that she just won't be able to die by being attacked by somebody else I guess in order to buy him time to come back and replace it?  Still like he didn't even check on her to see if she was okay he left her in a vulnerable position Argghh ?

I'm confused it wouldn't have been a death blow if he had just explained himself and she would have understood and been like here you go take it ?. Is a death blow because he took it without explanation by force unconscious on the ground for pretty much anyone to find and do whatever they wanted to her as long as they didn't attack her I guess...

Erin:

I know he did some kind of protection spell so that she couldn't stand attacks or like when people attack her like it'll reflect off or whatever she'll still die like without his scale to plug her heart I mean it's a physical defect there's no way around that she just won't be able to die by being attacked by somebody else I guess in order to buy him time to come back and replace it?  Still like he didn't even check on her to see if she was okay he left her in a vulnerable position Argghh ?

ik the protection spell takes care of this but IMAGINE if she died from fucking cracking her skull on the ground after he flew away ????

I'm BAFFLED honestly because it wouldn't be hard to have it both ways??? Have Tian Yao lower her to the ground and give her a vague reassurance before blasting off in a hurry bc idk most of the shichen is up, BXS finds her on the ground and takes her to Fu Yin anyway bc he doesn't know (which he seems like he'll do anyway). And then Yan Hui could be forced into accepting the dark aura anyway despite believing Tian Yao would've come back for her bc he doesn't know where she is now.

Like who is this twist trying to fool??? We already know why Tian Yao stabbed her, and the circumstances are set to still force a conflict with Yan Hui's life without adding a misunderstanding plot on top of it.

HAHA. >> "ik the protection spell takes care of this but IMAGINE if she died from fucking cracking her skull on the ground after he flew away ????" 

Yeah the edit here makes TY looks too cruel even though we know he's not like that. It still hurts to watch. Couldn't he at least hold her and let her on the ground slowly or somewhere more safe and less exposed. Now it's just funny. I know they want to create misunderstanding between them for dramatic effect but stabbing her without telling her will definitely create that already, so why does he have to be so cold and just walks away lol.

ik the protection spell takes care of this but IMAGINE if she died from fucking cracking her skull on the ground after he flew away ????

Wouldn't that be Ironic he comes back and she's already dead from a cracked skull ?.

Yeah the edit here makes TY looks too cruel even though we know he's not like that. It still hurts to watch. Couldn't he at least hold her and let her on the ground slowly or somewhere more safe and less exposed. Now it's just funny. I know they want to create misunderstanding between them for dramatic effect but stabbing her without telling her will definitely create that already, so why does he have to be so cold and just walks away lol.

Cuz he wasn't thinking of her safety he was only thinking of the elf children because they're obviously all that matter to him ?

I was reading a comment where somebody saw a brief clip of her burning something and they were wondering what she was burning and somebody else commented she's probably burning TY's things in a rage because of the way he left her found that really funny ?