For anyone interested in watching BL's together in a group setting, we are organizing a rewatch of I Told Sunset About You on Sunday June 20th at 5PM Bangkok time.  The link will be posted here by KPOPTRASH along with instructions as to how this will work.  Please feel free to invite your friends.  

Hello everyone!

The rewatch will be taking place on a website called OpenTogetherTube. This website allows us to watch the series simultaneously and chat while doing so. You only have to click the link I will post each week and set your username to the same username you use here in MDL.

Some technical stuff:
- This only works using a computer with Chrome or Edge browser. Using a phone or tablet does not work!
- Please only use the chat. Don't pause or skip any video. Please just don't mess around with the played video in any way. It would be best if your mouse is only in the chat area on the right. Thanks :)
- To set your username simply press on the Settings icon, type in your MDL username and press Enter
Here is also a picture: https://ibb.co/yXnS9QT

I will share the OpenTogetherTube link on Sundays, around 04:30 pm Bankok time, so everyone has enough time to enter and change their username. I will start the episode at around 5 pm Bankok time. Between 04:30 pm and 05:00 pm I will drop some of the OSTs of the series in the watch playlist so we have some nice music while waiting for the episode to start - so feel free to already enter around 04:30 pm. :)

See you on Sunday!

Thanks for all the organizational work, Kpop and Solipsism!!!   Really looking forward to Sunday's watch!

Good morning, good afternoon, good evening or good night everyone! :)

Please click the link below to enter the Rewatch Party for the 1st ITSAY episode.

Please don't forget that this only works on computer/laptop using Chrome or Edge browser.
Also check out how to change your username in my previous comment: 

kpoptrash:
- To set your username simply press on the Settings icon, type in your MDL username and press Enter

RULES:
- Please don't touch any of the videos, don't pause them or skip them. Please only use the chat!
- Set your username to the same username you use here in MDL
- Don’t spam the chat and be nice to each other, please

And last but not least – have fun. :)

Click here to enter >>>> https://ottr.cc/3b40e131-0fe5-46b0-a992-5578e18b935f <<<<

To anyone reading this thread:   The ITSAY rewatch will continue with Ep. 2 this Sunday, June 27, at 5 pm Bangkok time.   We have a small group of "regulars" but interested folks are most welcome to join.   I think there are parts of that complex series that are new to ANYONE doing a rewatch -- we certainly found that to be true for Ep. 1    

The link for this week will be posted by kpoptrash, here, about a half hour before the event starts.  

Thanks Brave for posting this.  I'll try posting these things on Wednesday in the future.

A commentary on ITSAY Ep 1, after the rewatch:

On first watching,  Ep. 1 left me kinda cold…..like “why all this to-do about the kids?”   I really wondered if I should continue watching the series.   Frankly, I went on watching just because of the cinematic beauty – the lights and colors and images of SEAsia.   I am sooooo glad I continued……

The thing about the first episode is that the first-time viewer doesn't know what to watch for.   It seems a bit disorganized with these scenes from the past life of the boys Teh and Oh, and then Teh doing some sort of university acting test and it kinda jumps around.   (That non-linear storytelling is not a feature of later episodes.)  

But omigod, now that I've been through the whole story and have gone back and rewatched ep 1 I would say it is a masterpiece.   The cinematography -- use of colors, framing of shots, beautiful use of Phuket scenery (which only gets better as the series goes on)......it's all fantastic.   And then the performances......wow.   I was not a big fan of Teh -- in fact they both had asshole tendencies displayed in ep. 1.    Only on re-watch can you really see Billkin's superb capture of the internal struggle that already had Teh locked into an emotional prison, and how that plays out on Billkin's face.  If you don't know what you're looking at, that is so easy to miss..... 

Note that the scene where Teh dedicates his audition performance to Oh, with tears brimming in his eyes -- that scene actually came several weeks BEFORE they "buried the hatchet" and became friends again.   What that says:   for five long years Teh kept Oh in his heart, so strongly that it came bubbling out in his university auditions when he thought of Oh.    He WANTED to make up and be friends, but "couldn't push send."    And then, a few weeks later, when the reconciliation finally happens, and well after Teh has cried for Oh, in front of the audition panel, Teh still cannot bring himself to tell Oh how important he is.   When Oh says "we can be friends but maybe not best friends" look at Teh's face!!!!!   He is crippled by fear.    Five long years, and he can't bring himself to say "but I missed you so much."   Instead he says "yeah sure, whatever you want."   Pushing the love down.....hiding it inside.  

But then immediately he begins the series of good works to try to help Oh.   He cannot bring himself to tell Oh he likes him that much, but he starts helping him.....over and over again.   Works of love that neither of them recognize -- oh, but on rewatch we recognize them.    Instantly you realize how completely relatable Teh really is.    And it culminates much later, with the cut-up workbook that Teh cannot use to get his own life back on track, because he cut it to pieces to try to help Oh.   Teh was not the only one crying, at that point……

Rewatching Ep 1 makes all now crystal clear.....Now it all becomes obvious; you know what is coming -- the hurt that Teh's fear and self-suppression will do later, to almost everyone -- Oh, Bas, Tarn, his mother and of course Teh himself whose life is derailed and who is nearly broken by it -- all that pain begins squarely in Ep1.    Far more are the tears I shed on rewatch, knowing what is to come. 

Welcome back everyone! :)

Please click the link below to enter the Rewatch Party for the 2nd ITSAY episode.

Please don't forget that this only works on computer/laptop using Chrome or Edge browser.

kpoptrash:

RULES:
- Please don't touch any of the videos, don't pause them or skip them. Please only use the chat!

Click here to enter >>>> https://ottr.cc/af078c88-add9-4ae7-a1b4-52d43a9b32bd <<<<

Hi Everyone!  Our next rewatch will be on July 5, at PM Bangkok time.  Invite some friends over.  We always catch things during these rewatches that we didn't notice before.  Kpoptrash will be posting the link a half hour before the show starts.  We usually begin with a few OST's from the series.  Hope everyone enjoyed I Promised You the Moon, and you will definitely want to see the connections between the two series during the rewatch.

solipsism5:

Hi Everyone!  Our next rewatch will be on July 5, at PM Bangkok time.  Invite some friends over.  We always catch things during these rewatches that we didn't notice before.  Kpoptrash will be posting the link a half hour before the show starts.  We usually begin with a few OST's from the series.  Hope everyone enjoyed I Promised You the Moon, and you will definitely want to see the connections between the two series during the rewatch.

The rewatch is on July 4, at 5 pm Bangkok Time. Just so there is no confusion. :)

Yikes!  Sorry about that!  I’ll have to look at my calendar when I’m posting these things :-)

Hello lovely people <3

Please click the link below to enter the Rewatch Party for the 3rd ITSAY episode.

kpoptrash:

RULES:

Click here to enter >>>> https://ottr.cc/b2555365-1160-48b1-8170-e1d0efa02128 <<<<

Hello everyone,

the rewatch for the fourth episode of ITSAY will take place tomorrow, 11th July at 5 pm Bangkok Time, you can enter around 04:30 pm and listen to some nice music together before the episode starts.

NOTICE IN ADVANCE
The rewatch next week for the final episode, on the 18th July, will be postponed to the 25th of July!

See you tomorrow/later :)

Welcome back~

Please click the link below to enter the Rewatch Party for the 4th ITSAY episode.

kpoptrash:

RULES:

Click here to enter >>>> https://ottr.cc/b81f1fb0-a4a9-4110-be0d-54cb5ddccf3c <<<<

Hello friends,

the rewatch for the final episode of ITSAY will take place Sunday, 25th July at 5 pm Bangkok Time, you can enter around 04:30 pm and listen to some nice music together before the episode starts.

See you on Sunday! :)