So i think this drama deserves even one thread, to simple have some theories, speculations etc.  Especially, that they might dissapear in comment section. Of course , some spoilers would be includes so yeah.

Anyway, few thoughts, to start the conversation , watched until episode 4:

• I will start with Yuan Wu , only for one reason. I have impression, that the screenwriters, really try to push idea, that he can be the one.  But i think he will be more ...dunno, witness of something? I think his backstory, is simple to throw us out. And knowing he saw the kid few times already, maybe Yang Mo, might make him feel some type of way? And i don't suggest anything improper, maybe simple it's family oriented thing? Maybe some lack of family warmth, wanting kid himself, or anything. And because he was often on this road, he might observe something, which is unusual?  But he's doing something weird for sure. Those bricks for example (?)

• Xu En Huai - she makes me very uneasy if i can be honest. Especially, that situation with her father. Maybe she is indeed, simple neglected kid, from neighborhood, but i belive, she knows a lot more, what she told so far. I know, maybe she simple doesnt trust Yang Mo's parents? Maybe he told her something, openly, or cryptic, and dunno, she know, he planned to escape or smth? But she's silent, because she's loyal friend, or unsure herself, if the information is valid

• Parents - that's the trickies part here lol. I wouldn't accuse them per se, of doing something. But for sure, something is sus, with their narration, relationships, and we know for sure imo, they lied in many places or  told some half truths. But i wonder - because they feel guilty of something? they try to hide something?  For example this whole ticket/trip thing? Why it  was such a deal?  Also family dynamics is little odd for me - the father seems tobe that cool guy, who works 24/7, and when he's back, he spoils the kid. At the same time, he can't keep his word. And at the same time, mother, seems to cover up, for him all the time, do all the chores, and seems to be overworked. Also i'm unsure is she typical nagging mom, or more on the strick side, to the point, that kid, have enough of her

So i wonder -  is it possible, that kid simple, tired of parents, decide to make some home run-out? Maybe he told his best friend, even a glimpses of the plan, that's why she's covering for him. But maybe, something went wrong? Or he still hiding, in place which is known to the girl? Because if it's any other option - obssesed guy? umm dunno, looks like some smokescreen. Parents - imo father looks sus, but imo it will not be so simple. Also this dog - i think it might be some last straw, which provoked something. Same is the trip. I think, we have some chain reaction here, of parents lies. The question is, if the kid, wanted to do, what he wanted himself, and then got into troubles, someone said, he will help him, and that ended up as a problem, or parents indeed did something. 

I actually have questions I posted but no one answered yet but I do have one speculation regarding En Huai. Could she have been molested before by the same guy who molested Chu Ping and that's why she also locks her bedroom door? Could her father be the molester? 

sunny11k:

I actually have questions I posted but no one answered yet but I do have one speculation regarding En Huai. Could she have been molested before by the same guy who molested Chu Ping and that's why she also locks her bedroom door? Could her father be the molester? 

Yeah, the whole door lock thing is weird. Overall En Huai house is weird (almost like she's living alone, and cover up for her father. I really have some gruesome theories in my mind, tbh, but he indeed might be only workaholic, irrevelant to the plot. )

But back to the track - it would be some point. I mean, or indeed father is/was doing something to her or were trying. Or overall he was doing something, when he's back, so she was locking up herself. Or it was other way around - father was locking her up, for whatever reason.  But i don't think it's related to Chu Ping.  But at the same time En Huai seems to be good observator, and  she keeps her mouth shut. So i wonder, maybe she saw on corridor someone going to the Chu Ping's house?  It would be creepy if it would be her father.   I was thinking if Yuan Wu is related somehow to this, looking how sus he is. But imo, in case of Chu Ping - if it's not some totally estranged creep, i wonder if it's someone from her work etc. ? Also we know, that family wants to matchmake her.  MAybe someone took her refusal, too much to heart? 

Anyway i also wonder, how  important answers to those questions are? I mean, they might be totally irrevelant to the story as a whole, and to simple throw us out. Or it's important, to make some timeline later. 

I'm in the middle of ep 9. So glad it's not Chu Ping's brother. I was hoping not. But it reinforces my thought that it might be En Huai's father since they met when he was renovating his house. Hmm...

My guess was right with En Huai's father raping Chu Ping. But why did she lock her door? Since she didn't mention that she was also raped, I hope she wasn't.  Although what did she mean when she told her dad to not hurt anyone else? To me, it implies that she's the one being hurt.