Yeah who told you to try to impose your understanding on me??? isn't that a dumb think to do??? It seems nowadays people who actually lack comprehension ability mock people for lacking it?? what an irony.

I can never find an excuse for boon ok and her evilness. Imagine a world where people's evil deeds were justified n people would write essays upon  essays to glorify them? that's how Hitler formed his regime ?? imagine a rapist or a serial killer and their actions bring justified because they had a poor childhood ??? do you actually have comprehensive skills like you asked me???

Sigh.. the fact that you would compare Boon ok to a rapist, serial killer and Hitler is beyond me.  

Given a chance an evil being can do anything...how come serial killer and boon ok shooting the very person who gave her food n shelter??? How can u set a degree for evilness??? Isn't that a Hypocrisy on your part?? A person who sold her own country,kill her savior, betray her only friend can be any different than a man u killed few people right??? In short we cannot justify an evil being.

Listen I told you this before. All whatever you are asking me is stated in the original post.  Boon ok might have made really bad decisions, but her bad decisions are made because of valid reasons. I will say this, her deciding to shoot Mrs. Pi was a very bad and stupid decision. Yet you fail to see how Cheong ya and the rest had fooled this girl, who has nothing to her name. You don't know how people are brainwashed in situations like this.

I will preface this again. Boon ok is not a perfect little girl with no flaws, she has many. Yet a lot of her actions are reactions to being mistreated.

Kaku Moku:

Given a chance an evil being can do anything...how come serial killer and boon ok shooting the very person who gave her food n shelter??? How can u set a degree for evilness??? Isn't that a Hypocrisy on your part?? A person who sold her own country,kill her savior, betray her only friend can be any different than a man u killed few people right??? In short we cannot justify an evil being.

I'm done explaining more to you. You take the characters as you will.

TinkerMeAway:

I'm done explaining more to you. You take the characters as you will.

Yeah don't waste your time. There is a reason I have this person blocked. Block people doesn't work for discussion topics though.

Kudos for attempting to reason with them though!

Kimsamsoom:

Yeah don't waste your time. There is a reason I have this person blocked. Block people doesn't work for discussion topics though.

Kudos for attempting to reason with them though!

Istg it pains me to see people not put in any thought and run at the drop of a hat because their favorite character/actor was not the star of the attention.

TinkerMeAway:

Istg it pains me to see people not put in any thought and run at the drop of a hat because their favorite character/actor was not the star of the attention.

Welcome to MDL lol!

@Kimsamsoom it's a tragedy you haven't seen Extraordinary You before this because that drama makes fun of the writers tendencies to make the main FLs' damsels in distress and make the 'other girl' really mean without consistency. Seriously if you get the time watch Extraordinary You. That's my favourite Kim Hyeyoon drama. Her character is a complete 180 from Boon Ok.

Thanks! Will check it out.

The rushed ending didn't help Boon ok's character or any character for that matter if fact, i wanted to see more!

Chandani:

The rushed ending didn't help Boon ok's character or any character for that matter if fact, i wanted to see more!

Once we find out about her connection with Ms. Pi, it was getting interesting. Her rushed ending to be suddenly BFF with Ms. Pi, felt very incomplete.

Hello, I just came across this post and I hope I'm not too late to join the discussion.

Boon ok is a character intentionally created for the viewers to bestow their hate upon. Yes she is impulsive, jealous & somewhat selfish and tbh not the type of person who can make a good first impression but there's still a lot of depth to her character which you have already mentioned perfectly.

I would still like to add some more points about her:

Boon ok was never respected by anyone in the dorm (I agree Youngro was nice to her but she never really took a stand for her when her roommate bullied her)
She was always treated like a machine for being just a phone operator who was supposed to take calls for the students, and not get ahead of herself and behave like a normal girl.

What many people don't realise is that she was also of a similar age as the students in the dorm who can have dreams of her own - like studying, having friends and going on dates or various other things. But she was deprived of these facilities because of her family background and having to earn for her father's treatment doesn't help either. It's actually natural for her to feel this way towards them, especially when they all look down on her and call her names (like gizzard, wench, etc..)

Honestly speaking I don't see a problem with her when she was able to control them by keeping them at her gunpoint in the prayer room. Her action was nothing but a reaction to the behaviour of those students. Many viewers were angry with her for slapping and pointing a gun at Ko Hye Ja but did people really see nothing wrong with her behaviour towards Boon ok? She always looked down on her and called her names, often bullied her and even said bad things about her family. I was happy that Boon ok was finally able to take a stand for herself and get revenge. Besides that I genuinely want to ask - how many people will tolerate this kind of behaviour, especially the viewers who hate Boon ok for slapping that girl. I think Boon ok's action here is justified.

Another thing I want to point out was the infamous gun scene. People have been calling her out for betraying Young Ro but wasn't it her who kinda went behind Boon ok's back and decided to go out on a date with Suho after they met in that record shop? Ok I know it doesn't make sense to compare these two situations but if we look at it from Boon ok's POV - she already mentioned in the earlier episodes that Young Ro is the only person she can trust in the dorm and she even favoured her many times. Her behaviour towards her changed only after she felt betrayed cuz as u already mentioned before - their friendship meant nothing to Young Ro but it deeply affected Boon ok. And she just pointed the gun at her to provoke Suho, she wouldn't have actually shot her. Didn't Suho also point a gun at Youngro earlier and call her a human shield? Then does only Boon ok get hate for doing that? She was also using Youngro as a human shield to rescue the doctor and Gyeok chan - the only people she trusted at that moment.

Having said that, I lastly want to appreciate Kim Hye Yoon for portraying this kind of a character and justifying her role. She probably knew she would get a lot of hate from a certain fandom (I'm not going to name it cuz you probably know) but she went ahead and accepted this offer anyway. Hope to see her get a main role in her upcoming projects.

Wow, you really took your time writing this. I have to admit that there are a LOT of reasons that make me sympathize with her. But I'm failed to empathize with her. Part of it is because of where she started, because of the background story that you have mentioned above. However, part of it is because of the unwise choices that she made along the way. She keeps on doing the same thing knowing that it doesn't work. Forget about morals, even if she wants to save herself her choices are just not right. It definitely won't benefit her.