This has been going on for about a week. If I want to make an update, I can do it from the calendar for airing dramas but otherwise have to go to the page of each title and update from there. When logged OUT, I can get to it with no issues. I can also go to others’ watchlists when logged in. It just stalls forever regardless of the browser (Firefox, Brave, Orion, Safari… all are doing it on my iPad, the only gadget with me at the moment). I’ve cleared site data (cache, cookies, tracking protection, etc), but that did nothing but log me out several places and clear a bit of memory.

Can someone see what is keeping it hanging? It is a bit chaotic to open in a logged out window to get the titles then go to title pages to keep track of what episode I am on! ?

Aoi Community Manager

It is possible that you don't have enough memory to render it when logged in with the extra data. You can try to go through the individual list instead. https://mydramalist.com/dramalist/elbee/watching

It looks like the completed list is what is making it hang-mine is long (but I’ve seen ones 3x as long as mine with ratings-some possibly bots) but only a couple of titles longer than a week ago when it was totally okay (and I haven’t done anything besides required security updates on this since getting it-it is only 4-5 months old, the newest model, and has plenty of free memory (and data set to delete when I close the browses) though I don’t know how Apple tablets manage in-use memory)… I don’t use every browser listed (I tried them for testing purposes) so they have nothing on them but the watchlist. I cleared all the data except passwords that are on my Firefox account. 

Has something been altered that would be making it use drastically more memory?

Aoi Community Manager
 ElBee:

It looks like the completed list is what is making it hang-mine is long (but I’ve seen ones 3x as long as mine with ratings-some possibly bots) but only a couple of titles longer than a week ago when it was totally okay (and I haven’t done anything besides required security updates on this since getting it-it is only 4-5 months old, the newest model, and has plenty of free memory (and data set to delete when I close the browses) though I don’t know how Apple tablets manage in-use memory)… I don’t use every browser listed (I tried them for testing purposes) so they have nothing on them but the watchlist. I cleared all the data except passwords that are on my Firefox account. 

Has something been altered that would be making it use drastically more memory?

We haven't made any changes to that section for at least a year now. When viewing your own list, it actually loads much more data. It's best to try another browser or manage the list in the app. We're working on a fix for the new version, but there's no ETA yet.

Did you manage to find a solution as I have the same problem and it is driving me crazy. Thank you. 

Wilburrkins:

Did you manage to find a solution as I have the same problem and it is driving me crazy. Thank you. 

It can sometimes work to go to each section of the list separately though the completed section ie 

https://mydramalist.com/dramalist/Wilburrkins/completed

That only works sometimes (it is fine for currently watching, but I can just go to my most recent updates for that-the 10  most recent updates are on a profile page at the lower right corner, and the widget in the settings menu [widgets] makes it easy to grab up to the last 50 updates in any section of the watchlist (in progress, completed etc); I go to the widget every few months to make sure my custom list for titles I am watching this year has everything on it since I sometimes forget to add movies&spontaneous binges to it). My completed list is very long (our total lists about the same size, just in diff sections) and still hangs loading in normal logged in windows, so I just open my whole watchlist in a private window when I want to look for something from it or my PTW (ie if someone asks for a rec) then open the links in the regular logged in one. 

None of these is exactly a solution, but they are my workarounds for now (mainly the custom list I have been using to edit my progress for titles that aren't currently airing and the private tab to look at my entire watchlist and be able to sort it by rating etc when considering what to recommend to someone).

Sorry I can't be of much help... maybe 2200 titles is the magic cutoff when it starts to fail since we are both in that 100# range. 

Ah, it is slightly better (bc it doesn't seem to load the images for titles like when I hold down on a title and the quick -/+ isn't there, only the edit box, at least using Firefox) on the mobile version of the site if you are on a browser that gives the option (I prefer everything in desktop mode, though, and one site won't make me switch back and forth).

Thank you very much for the suggestions. My issue is on the iPad and phone. It doesn’t load on them but it does at least work on my desktop. I tried downloading the app as well. I can see the information there but it is in a different format. I might try deleting some shows from my plan to watch list as I keep track of  many things on there!