I thought I had made a thread for this already. I guess I forgot to.

Anywho, post your Chinese, Hong Kong, and Taiwanese new here. :)
Jackie Chan has accumulated 25 million facebook fans! (I'm one of them :))

He posted a thank you message on YouTube.

I love this man! I want to huggle him. He's so sweet and adorable. XD
Thats a cute video sleepy... I like Jackie :D
hahahaaa he's cute
LOL, my mom loves him. Kamz, I was gonna poke some fun at you now, but it would be too mean...lol <3
jacky's song in one of the movies was very good.
It's a short article, but I found it inspiring. :D

Author doesn't let disability stop her

wrote: A young woman with cerebral palsy is making a name for herself as an author and poet - writing with her jaw and nose.

Zhao Chenfei, 27, from Shenyang, capital of Liaoning province, who types on a computer keyboard, suffered hypoxia during her birth and as a result, was left unable to speak or control her hands and feet.

In 2003, Zhao got a computer and started to write using her jaw and nose on the keyboard. She has now written several works of prose and poetry, some with more than 200,000 Chinese characters.

Source
Two thumps up for the young American... lovely picture. China has always been on my list of places aside from Japan, because of its history. Its just too big a culture. I watched The Last Emperor, and I fell in love with Chinese culture. One day I hope to go, and maybe Ill give the same granny some fries hahahahahahaha...
NinaJade82 wrote: Two thumps up for the young American... lovely picture.
China has always been on my list of places aside from Japan, because of its history. Its just too big a culture. I watched The Last Emperor, and I fell in love with Chinese culture.
One day I hope to go, and maybe Ill give the same granny some fries hahahahahahaha...

I have a huge list of paces I would like to visit. :) China and Taiwan are on that list. As well as Japan, Korea and Thailand.
Unhappy Employee Sets Hunan Water Company Managers on Fire

:eek:

Woman Sets Self On Fire To Protest Demolition Of Home

^This one's an older story, but equally as shocking. Sounds so painful. :(

I found two more articles involving self-immolation as a way of protest. Ouch!

i love jackie chan!!!!!!!! ^_^ hes awesome!!!!!!!! ^_^
chinagirltianqixiu wrote: i love jackie chan!!!!!!!! ^_^ hes awesome!!!!!!!! ^_^

High 5! :)
Chinese Guy Mails Himself in a Box to Surprise Girlfriend, Arrives Unconscious From Oxygen Deprivation

I understand he was trying to be romantic and creative but... It would have been safer if he had hid in the box maybe 10-15 minutes before his friends led her to see the "mail".
Sleepninja wrote: Chinese Guy Mails Himself in a Box to Surprise Girlfriend, Arrives Unconscious From Oxygen Deprivation

I understand he was trying to be romantic and creative but... It would have been safer if he had hid in the box maybe 10-15 minutes before his friends led her to see the "mail".

that is quite the literal meaning of Jack in a Box, lol. but no matter how romantic the intention, it was a stupid thing to do. and a poor gift for the girl. A good thing he was just unconscious. Both will likely remeber it for a long time, though.