His character description has nothing to do with looking handsome. Only kdrama fans would make a thread about a lead looking "ugly" lmao. Shouldn't the lead fit the role and have talent over looking like a model??? You guys are so used to handsome guys who can't act for shit that an unconvential looking phenomenal actor bothers you.

snakeu:
. Shouldn't the lead fit the role and have talent over looking like a model??? You guys are so used to handsome guys who can't act for shit that an unconvential looking phenomenal actor bothers you.

Very well said... He was a phenomenal actor.. HE was really really good in Brain and All about Romance(I'm crying... ). He was a First class actor.. 

In terms of looks, he's the kind of guy that became more attractive and handsome as you look at him more and more.. And that smile and acting skills. I love him so much.... He show it again in this drama Fix You. 

Lately I’ve seen The Front Line with him. I think he was about 34 while the movie aired and he looked good. Therefore I can’t say anything. Tbh I really like his acting and how he portrays his pain. His looks aren’t that important for me.

The male lead looks just average to me. And if he's my psychiatrist in real life, he looks like someone I can trust with all my darkest secrets since he just looks so friendly. Next time, use a less harsher adjective like "unattractive" or "average looking".

I'd probably drop this drama if the male lead was handsome but can't act for shit. This drama was a breath of fresh air to me because not everyone looks like a damn model. 

Talent > Looks any time, you can have me watch a romance between an old man and an old lady and I'd still find that a good watch if the plot is exceptional. I only care about talent and the plot of the drama, even if the actor looks unattractive.

Some opinions are better to be left kept to yourself and unspoken.

If you find him unattractive, that’s that. You’re entitled to your opinion. However, posting a thread and declaring how you think he “looks ugly” is really unnecessary. What do you hope to gain from this?

“Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.” We all have our own preferences and are attracted to different appearances. It’s important to remember the person, the human, behind the drama (cast members). There are so many individuals who have taken their own lives due to words turned into weaponry. Even if they have chosen their professions in the lime light, let’s be respectful. Stop publicly grading people based on their appearance.

sunshines:

Some opinions are better to be left kept to yourself and unspoken.

If you find him unattractive, that’s that. You’re entitled to your opinion. However, posting a thread and declaring how you think he “looks ugly” is really unnecessary. What do you hope to gain from this?

“Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.” We all have our own preferences and are attracted to different appearances. It’s important to remember the person, the human, behind the drama (cast members). There are so many individuals who have taken their own lives due to words turned into weaponry. Even if they have chosen their professions in the lime light, let’s be respectful. Stop publicly grading people based on their appearance.

Well said, Sunshine! 

I don't think the one who started the discussion is in it anymore. So, everybody just stop wasting your energy and enjoy the beautiful show. Relax!

You just threw the word "ugly" and said "it's my opinion." I understand you didn't say that out of spite towards the person, but it could've been worded better.

He's definitely not my type, But he kind attracts me and think his role has a huge part on this LOL

The thing is: why the need to make someone's beauty the matter of discussion? Why the need to tell everybody your opinion? Why saying you find the ML 'ugly' is so important to you? (Note those are not real questions. I don't need answers to them and I don't care about them. They're simply for you to think about - if you like thinking about your own behaviour)

There are ways to share an opinion that don’t have to be so off putting. 

Can someone delete this thread? I think we talked long enough about that.

Carli Sun:

Can someone delete this thread? I think we talked long enough about that.

Perhaps only the moderators of MDL can? Not sure. And probably the one who created this thread. But I doubt that would happen.

Plus, since I guess there wasn't anything that violated the rules of this site, mods perhaps wouldn't consider deleting this thread as well. =/

Or perhaps that's just me being pessimistic. XD

It’s a pity that this is so obvious on the drama site when the show and the male lead deserves so much more.