Closed

Why was my post on the Suggestions forum deleted?

This discussion has been closed.

MDL should stop being homophobic and allow users to write articles about LGBT topics

When I click the link it says "Page not found."

Who deleted my suggestion and why? The suggestion had 76 votes.

Aoi Community Manager

Hi, it was reported for inflaming.

Aoi:

Hi, it was reported for inflaming.

The post didn't violate any rules, so why was it deleted?

Can you restore the post?

Aoi Community Manager

I cannot restore the post nor have the ability to. Advocating for positive change and expressing opinions should ideally be done in a constructive and respectful manner.

mjf314:

The post didn't violate any rules, so why was it deleted?

Can you restore the post?

You indirectly said that admins are homophobic, thus they reported you for defamation, my suggestion is to write a new suggestion, but omit the part about homophobia, and just formulate it as a suggestion, so ex. ''MDL should allow writers to write purely LGBTQ+ content without mentioning heterosexual cinematography pieces'', this way it is a neutral statement. You may argue that the sentence about homophobia was directed at the unwritten rules, but it can be interpreted both ways, this is the reason why they deleted it. 

Badass Bunny:

You indirectly said that admins are homophobic, thus they reported you for defamation, my suggestion is to write a new suggestion, but omit the part about homophobia, and just formulate it as a suggestion, so ex. ''MDL should allow writers to write purely LGBTQ+ content without mentioning heterosexual cinematography pieces'', this way it is a neutral statement. You may argue that the sentence about homophobia was directed at the unwritten rules, but it can be interpreted both ways, this is the reason why they deleted it. 

It's not defamation if it's true. The rule is very much homophobic.

How am I supposed to advocate for change if I can't explain why the rule is problematic?

mjf314:

It's not defamation if it's true. The rule is very much homophobic.

How am I supposed to advocate for change if I can't explain why the rule is problematic?

Look, I am neutral on this, and am going by basic knowledge of law. 

Calling someone a homophobe (negative term) is simply defaming someone's character. I agree that the rule IS homophobic, but when you want to make your point, you need to stay as neutral as possible because others - the opposition - can attack your statement - like they did. 

Like I said, if you want to make a suggestion, write it in a suggestion format, thus neutral. 

Aoi Community Manager

I believe we no longer offer public access for article writing. However, a select few still have access and can contribute to editorials, adhering to guidelines that ensure articles remain neutral. To maintain a positive environment for everyone, the specific rule you mentioned does not currently exist, to the best of my knowledge.

Aoi:

I believe we no longer offer public access for article writing. However, a select few still have access and can contribute to editorials, adhering to guidelines that ensure articles remain neutral. To maintain a positive environment for everyone, the specific rule you mentioned does not currently exist, to the best of my knowledge.

Aoi I wish you were right, but that's not the case.

I am writer myself (who was refused to be given the role of "writer'') and I was multiple times rejected when I wanted to write an article, which contained purely LGBT titles. At first, I was told it's the guidelines, but like you said, it is really not in the guidelines. Me and many others in writing community asked multiple times the admins and editors what can we do to change this unwritten rule. 

Can you perhaps look into it? 

Aoi:

PS. I do have screenshots from editors about this, so you know that I am not lying. 

Aoi Community Manager

If the information doesn't come from the Admin or Community Manager, there is likely a miscommunication. Nevertheless, it's essential to note that we no longer offer public access for article writing. The rule emphasizing adherence to guidelines ensuring the neutrality of articles should still be applicable.

Aoi:

Anyone who has published an article in the past is still able to publish new articles. Every LGBT article proposal has been rejected.

According to devitto (one of the article editors), LGBT articles are not allowed. See this post by devitto. Unless devitto is mistaken, the rule still exists.

Are you able to contact the admins? If so, can you ask the admins if LGBT articles are allowed? If LGBT articles are indeed banned, then can you ask them to change the rule?

Aoi:

If the information doesn't come from the Admin or Community Manager, there is likely a miscommunication. Nevertheless, it's essential to note that we no longer offer public access for article writing. The rule emphasizing adherence to guidelines ensuring the neutrality of articles should still be applicable.

That is the thing, we failed to reach the admins multiple times. In terms of editorials. Yes, I heard MDL admins stopped giving users the title of "writer" but everyone can write an editorial if contacted with an editor. It is written in the Article Guidelines. Having no "writer" role is not the issue here. The issue still stands - editors wont submit our articles for approval if we talk only about LGBT stuff. For ex. my article about medical mistakes in TV series "Manner of death" was rejected for this very reason. 

Aoi Community Manager

As time passes, we are likely to restrict public access further. The rule emphasizing the importance of adhering to guidelines to ensure the neutrality of articles should remain applicable.

Badass Bunny:

Look, I am neutral on this, and am going by basic knowledge of law. 

Calling someone a homophobe (negative term) is simply defaming someone's character. I agree that the rule IS homophobic, but when you want to make your point, you need to stay as neutral as possible because others - the opposition - can attack your statement - like they did. 

Like I said, if you want to make a suggestion, write it in a suggestion format, thus neutral. 

This is not a matter of personal preference. It's a matter of right vs. wrong. It's an immoral rule, and I shouldn't have to be neutral.

If we were talking about racism, would you tell me to be neutral to avoid offending racists?