@Magbleroses (For some reason it wouldn't let me quote your response).

I'm so happy to hear that. I hadn't thought of SM as a female during the novel but after you said it it does seem to fit so much better. The description of the character, the way SM speaks, and all the choices that SM makes do seem to fit the stereotypical other/evil woman character. I won't mind that at all. 

I watched The Untamed right after reading the novel and then kept going back and forth through the chapters and episodes, so I could try to keep the BL feeling going. It worked but it took so long to finish that show haha I'm kind of glad that I have time in between 2HA novel and the show. I'll probably still be re-reading the chapters while waiting for new episodes. 

Also, catching up on this chat I saw your recommendation for YUWU and looked into it. It looks amazing, but based on the discussion I think I'm going to try Heavens Official Blessing first. YUWU seems like a different level of pain. Thanks for dropping the title of the novels. I needed something else to read!

StarryEyed33:
I'm so happy to hear that. I hadn't thought of SM as a female during the novel but after you said it it does seem to fit so much better. The description of the character, the way SM speaks, and all the choices that SM makes do seem to fit the stereotypical other/evil woman character. I won't mind that at all.

Yesss! Hahah... love how u called him a 'stereotypical/evil woman' XDXD

StarryEyed33:
I watched The Untamed right after reading the novel and then kept going back and forth through the chapters and episodes, so I could try to keep the BL feeling going. It worked but it took so long to finish that show haha I'm kind of glad that I have time in between 2HA novel and the show. I'll probably still be re-reading the chapters while waiting for new episodes. 

Damn ur one of those lucky ppl who knew the novel existed! I watched the Untamed (while skipping through it), then rewatched it after realising that I was skipping through a masterpiece, and then rewatched it again 5 months later and only then did I find out about te novel and read it...  And for some reason, I have a feeling that the romantic undertones in 2HA are going to be more explicit! (Fingers crossed, I hope that's true!)

StarryEyed33:
Also, catching up on this chat I saw your recommendation for YUWU and looked into it. It looks amazing, but based on the discussion I think I'm going to try Heavens Official Blessing first. YUWU seems like a different level of pain. Thanks for dropping the title of the novels. I needed something else to read!

Yuwu IS amazing! But yes, it IS a different level of pain haha... but definitely a worthy read. And HOB is among my top three book, and I personally (this opinion varies from person to person of course) have HOB and 2HA as my top books on my list.... they're completely different, and have different essences, but I am obsessed with both of them equally. Obsessed with 2ha because of the plot and the pain and the characters, obsessed with HOB because of the characters, the narration, the humor, and the plot.

And if u want 'lesser' pain and more fluff, HOB is the right pick!

Magblueroses:
Yesss! Hahah... love how u called him a 'stereotypical/evil woman' XDXD

I finally figured out how to quote the short pieces ahah I was picturing the scene with SM and MR standing over Manning and basically fighting for him. Also, when SM was talking to a passed out Manning about his love and how he'll be better. That's something all the crazy women do in shows haha

Magblueroses:
Damn ur one of those lucky ppl who knew the novel existed! I watched the Untamed (while skipping through it), then rewatched it after realising that I was skipping through a masterpiece, and then rewatched it again 5 months later and only then did I find out about te novel and read it...  And for some reason, I have a feeling that the romantic undertones in 2HA are going to be more explicit! (Fingers crossed, I hope that's true!)

So I actually put off watching the untamed for a really long time because of the censorship. I'm not a fan of BL shows that are turned into bromance because the romance is one of the main attractions. So when I asked about whether or not it was worth it so many people said yes it was but that I could also go read the novel so I could understand their thoughts during certain parts. So after finishing the book, I finally decided to give it a chance. So good, but I still re-read the book after for the BL dose haha I'm worried about how they're going to Manning and TJ's relationship. That's a huge plot point but won't censorship be an issue? I think there are so many opportunities for the romantic undertones, so I'm excited. Out of every single single the top #1 that I cannot wait to watch is when MR has the conversation with the girl who confesses. Even if they don't show it I'll know exactly what he's realized in that scene. I'm also worried they might end the series with MR's death.

Magblueroses:
Yuwu IS amazing! But yes, it IS a different level of pain haha... but definitely a worthy read. And HOB is among my top three book, and I personally (this opinion varies from person to person of course) have HOB and 2HA as my top books on my list.... they're completely different, and have different essences, but I am obsessed with both of them equally. Obsessed with 2ha because of the plot and the pain and the characters, obsessed with HOB because of the characters, the narration, the humor, and the plot.

And if u want 'lesser' pain and more fluff, HOB is the right pick!

So, I stared the first chapter. Then decided to a piece of the donghua, so I could picture how the gods spoke to one another. Next thing I know I've seen the whole first S1. Now I'm right at the part in the novel where they are going to meet. I'm so excited. I have a feeling this might jumps straight to my favorites, which right now is Untamed and 2HA!

StarryEyed33:
I finally figured out how to quote the short pieces ahah I was picturing the scene with SM and MR standing over Manning and basically fighting for him. Also, when SM was talking to a passed out Manning about his love and how he'll be better. That's something all the crazy women do in shows haha

It's *Wanning, and yesss! Hahahaah that was one of the most hilarious parts of the book for me lmaoooo

StarryEyed33:
So I actually put off watching the untamed for a really long time because of the censorship. I'm not a fan of BL shows that are turned into bromance because the romance is one of the main attractions. So when I asked about whether or not it was worth it so many people said yes it was but that I could also go read the novel so I could understand their thoughts during certain parts. So after finishing the book, I finally decided to give it a chance. So good, but I still re-read the book after for the BL dose haha I'm worried about how they're going to Manning and TJ's relationship. That's a huge plot point but won't censorship be an issue? I think there are so many opportunities for the romantic undertones, so I'm excited. Out of every single single the top #1 that I cannot wait to watch is when MR has the conversation with the girl who confesses. Even if they don't show it I'll know exactly what he's realized in that scene. I'm also worried they might end the series with MR's death.

Oh yesss! Everyone are concerned abt that lol... but tbh, we should just treat the novel and the live action as seperate entities or we'll just end up disappointed because of how much the censorship might do. I, personally, am ready to take in anything they do as long as I get to watch my characters on the big screen... (except of course if they create a wrong CP)

And don't worry, I trust Meatbun and she would probably NEVER agree to her story being ruined... like the fact that she had a clause saying she didn't want any wrong romances or CP's in the drama and she was very particular about it confirms the fact that she cares about how the LA turns out... so I don't think they'll end the drama incomplete... (hopefully... ;)

And I am excited for that scene where MR realises his feelings too!!! I so look forward to how they might censor it haha

StarryEyed33:
So, I stared the first chapter. Then decided to a piece of the donghua, so I could picture how the gods spoke to one another. Next thing I know I've seen the whole first S1. Now I'm right at the part in the novel where they are going to meet. I'm so excited. I have a feeling this might jumps straight to my favorites, which right now is Untamed and 2HA!

Heyyy!!! Okay so tbh, watching the donghua after reading would have given u the best feels but no prob XD

The first three chapters were hard to get through for me but the book as a whole is AMAZING and u shouldn't be surprised if it makes it to #1 on ur list haha

And well.... get ready to die for Hua Cheng :) .... 

HAPPY READING! 

I just binged the book (thanks to the links posted in the other discussion pages) and it's so intense and epic. I think there is so much tragedy, smut, gore, BL, and flashbacks that the story will have to be really rearranged/cleaned up before it can be aired. 

I'm actually okay with Shi Mei being made into a female character, since his name, beauty and role can easily be switched to being female in the drama, and in general I do like it when there are more speaking parts for women in dramas and films.

With the high budget, higher bar for CG/special effects, casting, and rich plot material, I think the drama will be very watchable as entertainment on its own, as long as I don't compare it to the novel.

calamariexpert:

I just binged the book (thanks to the links posted in the other discussion pages) and it's so intense and epic. I think there is so much tragedy, smut, gore, BL, and flashbacks that the story will have to be really rearranged/cleaned up before it can be aired. 

I'm actually okay with Shi Mei being made into a female character, since his name, beauty and role can easily be switched to being female in the drama, and in general I do like it when there are more speaking parts for women in dramas and films.

With the high budget, higher bar for CG/special effects, casting, and rich plot material, I think the drama will be very watchable as entertainment on its own, as long as I don't compare it to the novel.

I agree with you on everything except the shi mei being a girl for a drama. I kinda think that just ruins it. As far as i remember shi mei was "pinning"  after wanning so obviously everything in the plot that involves shi mei will feel different for those who read the novel just because of the gender change. Although I agree that his role can be easily switched because of the descriptions but it will probably change the overall feeling 

Yuki:

I finished the novel recently and yes, those later chapters are amazing! Especially that scene (hope you know which one I mean!) It was such a powerful scene even though it was very domestic and quiet.  So beautiful but so unbelievably sad. Ahh, I'm a bawling mess every time I re-read it.

Where did you read it?? Can you give me the link pls??

Ruerja:
Where did you read it?? Can you give me the link pls??

If u are asking about 2HA, u can find the links here : https://mydramalist.com/discussions/hao-yi-xing/55547-links-to-the-book

has anyone got links to the whole novel being translated in English but edited and not machine translation. Rynn’s English translation is only up to chapter 159 and I find the unedited machine ones so confusing. A also how often is the chapters by Rynn posted?

It's in the other discussion thread, "Links to everything related to 2HA!".  The "MTL but edited" version link is actually really readable.

I read a machine translation of the book a while ago, and the beginning of the Ryann translated one. I need to  reread once they have finished the translation because the machine version was a bit brutal in places. 

There is one thing that has haunted me since I finished reading that was never really addressed in the book. Ok, there was a few things.  But this one thing in particular won't leave me alone. 

Since there is no where else for me to discuss this. (other than the tumblrr I don't use) I am putting it here. 

Big spoilers. Don't look unless you read. Also, angsty:

The one question which haunts me the most after 2HA is this. Shi Mei’s father was of celestial blood, his mother of demonic. His father became ill after years because a union between the two was not allowed. Mo Ran is of demonic descent, Chu Wanning is celestial wood. I know he is not a descendant of the gods, but of an object they used to create life. I still can’t get the worry out of my mind that Chu Wanning will eventually become ill because of his love and regular sex with Mo Ran.  Maybe his poor constitution is less to do with his damaged (and in the original timeline broken core, he had a lot of entwining with Taxian-jun and was regularly unwell) core and more to do with his interaction with Mo Ran?

Yup. That thought keeps coming to me.

Saw a gif of CWN getting chained up and tortured by TXJ. Did this actually happen in the book? I don't remember him getting chained up? 

As I recall (and I need to reread it) I know CWN was tied up and his throat cut and left to bleed slowly to death by TXJ in the court at the beginning of his capture. But just as he died TXJ changed his mind and took him to the red lotus pavilion to heal him then force him to be his concubine. I also remember in the book that once while TXJ was away, his wife, Song Qiutong had CWN tied up in the dungeons and tortured, pulling out his fingernails.  Which was why TXJ boiled her alive later. I always found the order of events on TXJ's memories hard to follow. But that's probably for good reason.

I'm also a bit confused, not sure if I missed it. How did Mo Ran get reincarnated/transmigrate? Like was it just a natural thing, like God gave him a second chance?  Or does it have anything to do with the soul CWN transferred to him right before CWN died in the past life? (When he touched his forehead w his finger before he died in his arms)

I find that subject complicated as well. It's definitely not a second chance via the gods. Nor is it reincarnation. A little bit of transmigration maybe? The thing is. It's the same life. But different times. Technically TXJ is the future. But Chu Wanning  used up all his strength and went back in time and subdued the heart flower that was in younger Mo Ran while he was sleeping in the brothel, also giving him a part of Chu Wanning's soul (which would later return Wanning's memories to himself once they reached the cave and it was removed from Mo Ran). Because of this change two separate realities emerged. It was also at this moment that Mo Ran recalled everything from TXJ in this timeline. Why exactly Mo Ran remembered TXJ in his younger body I’m not sure. Since the flower was subdued and the eating of the good memories was stopped. Mo Ran could grow up to be himself and not consumed by hatred. How exactly he ended up with his future alter timeline’s memories I’m not sure. But I can guess. I know he had his soul, a piece of Chu Wanning and a piece of the original Shi Mei’s soul inside him. Since the original Shi Mei also has TXJ as a puppet. I presume it was Chu Wanning’s insertion that brought over a piece of TXJ with him. Chu Wanning died not long after this. He was somehow allowed out by Song Qiutong. He had exhausted himself and then went to stop TXJ from harming Xue Meng and the Mei Hanxues. Not long after TXJ kills his wife, and then eventually himself. What remains of TXJ is only one of his souls - which is why he can’t think clearly and can be controlled by Hua Banin. The other parts of his soul somehow ended up in younger MoRan with his memories up to his death. I believe because of the timing. It was the moment Chu Fei subdued the flower in younger Mo Ran that TXJ’s future (and souls) were moved to him. I know Chu Wanning did not do this on purpose. So I’m not sure how it happened. Possibly the connection to the future through Chu Wanning’s soul and TXJ’s determination to be with his loathed-loved Wanning.

This makes no sense. I apologize. My brain is messy.

Also...I want to know what happened to the eunuch that took care of Wanning went in the second timeline. Or who he actually was.