I'm curious, does anyone know the word count of the whole thing?

LPR:

I'm curious, does anyone know the word count of the whole thing?

The word count of the translation, I remember reading somewhere, is 1.3 million XDXDXD Making it larger than the entire Harry Potter series!

Check this out for a clearer picture haha:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN5AIL6ltrs/?igshid=2p64m6nlszpb

Magblueroses:

The word count of the translation, I remember reading somewhere, is 1.3 million XDXDXD Making it larger than the entire Harry Potter series!

Check this out for a clearer picture haha:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN5AIL6ltrs/?igshid=2p64m6nlszpb

Oh wow, thanks ! 

I'm at chapter 255 right now and I was starting to think "hmmm this is a pretty long book"... I didn't realize it was that long but me only starting to notice it's super long is a testament to how entertaining it is !

LPR:

Oh wow, thanks ! 

I'm at chapter 255 right now and I was starting to think "hmmm this is a pretty long book"... I didn't realize it was that long but me only starting to notice it's super long is a testament to how entertaining it is !

And the fact that most of us want it to be longer is just evidence of how amazing Meatbun is!!! XDXDXD....

And 1.3 Million words is without the extras. We still have 36 extras which could easily sum up to another  150000 words (the size of a normal paperback these days) considering that the average word count of the book is pretty high...XD

I love Meatbun's sense of humor with her foreshadowing, and how she basically told us from the beginning that we can trust her as an author, but not the narrator.  She told us up front that in no uncertain terms that our ship is  Mo Ran/Chu Wanning, proving that we can trust her.

I've seen some posts about foreshadowing that people have caught while re-reading, but there were some clues that I definitely caught onto during my first reading, and felt really vindicated when I saw them come true later in the book. (Even though I've marked everything below  as spoilers, I also tried to write these vaguely enough that if someone accidentally read them while not already reading the book, they shouldn't be meaningful enough to be obvious).

1. Shizun makes dumplings for New Year's and Mo Ran noticed certain similarities.

2. When MB hit us over the head with a statement about how water constitution is important, who was that again?  I figured out our villain right here.

3. The marriage is recognized in the Underworld.  It was pretty obvious to me that something in the TJX timeline was the reason (not just the Ghost Wedding), especially because Mo Ran said something like, “Just trust me on this one.” [And isn't it funny how sometimes, we can trust the narrator?]

4. Ye Wanxi's truth, especially with all of the build up during the wedding festivities.  Haha, I was thinking how long are you going to drag this one out Meatbun?

5. I cannot have been the only person to catch on to Mo Ran being that very special kind of BBBF as soon as the exception to the general rule is shared.  And yet, like I still kind of second guessed myself until the reveal, even though there were so many other clues to confirm it.

I missed plenty of other hints.  Like, how did I figure out YWX but not MHX?   

Chapter 224..I can’t believe that happened..they weren’t my favorite character but, I didn’t expect them to end like that..really thought there would be a happy ending..

Regretful Wonderland :

Chapter 224..I can’t believe that happened..they weren’t my favorite character but, I didn’t expect them to end like that..really thought there would be a happy ending..

Are you talking about Nangong Si and Ye Wangxi? :')

Well... I still don't know how to respond to what happened to them ahhh... PAIN

Magblueroses:

Are you talking about Nangong Si and Ye Wangxi? :')

Well... I still don't know how to respond to what happened to them ahhh... PAIN

YES. T-T 

Neither do I. The amount of pain I felt was devasting. I just really thought the second time around they would get a better ending. I'm gonna need a extra box of tissues for that episode. Lool.

This book is like fifty shades of gray but much better. :D

scorpio within:

Guys, how is the mtl? 

I completed the 154 chapters that were translated by Rynn and Suika (wonderful writing). I literally cannot get this book out of my head but I'm hesitant to start the mtl 'cause I'm afraid it would ruin the feeling... Like... Have you ever read two different (professionally done and official btw) translations of the same book and you were at a loss because it was somehow not the same book? 

So, what I'm asking is: would you continue with the mtl or wait for the two translators? I love this book too much, send help will ya

I think it depends on how the person takes it, but I was personally too immersed into the book that I could not put it down and HAD to MTL the rest of the novel. To be honest, the MTL has its fair share of cons (especially the version I read was not edited and it was SO hard to get through... I almost cried). But gladly, there is now an edited version available and it is much MUCH better than the MTL version I read.

There are obviously no explanations the way Suika and Ryan had (only on rare occasions can you find an explanation or two here and there ig), but if you want to understand the book and know the story, you should try the edited MTL version... at least give 10 or so chapters a go and decide for yourself. You are not going to lose anything by giving it a try.

I read the MTL and didn't cry any less and didn't feel any less pain. So even though it's not the same translation, it IS definitely the same story and the way it has been written hasn't changed, so the feels you get and the suspense and attraction you feel for the book will remain if that is what you are worried about....and this is me speaking after reading the unedited version (where even the pronouns were messed up, often referring to CWN as a 'she' smh) so I'm sure you will have an even better experience reading the edited one (you privileged kids :')... can't relate with all your luck!). So just give it a go and judge it for yourself!

Happy Reading! You are in for a ride if you decide to give it a go XD

He Lian:

This book is like fifty shades of gray but much better. :D

Ahhhahahahhaa XD I see where you are coming from by saying that ;) .... But like you said, 2HA is much better! :)

scorpio within:

Guys, how is the mtl? 

I completed the 154 chapters that were translated by Rynn and Suika (wonderful writing). I literally cannot get this book out of my head but I'm hesitant to start the mtl 'cause I'm afraid it would ruin the feeling... Like... Have you ever read two different (professionally done and official btw) translations of the same book and you were at a loss because it was somehow not the same book? 

So, what I'm asking is: would you continue with the mtl or wait for the two translators? I love this book too much, send help will ya

I read the edited MTL version, which has been cleaned up significantly since the unedited version that magblueroses discussed.  The editor put a significant amount of work into making it more readable.  I couldn't imagine stopping or pausing until later even though the translated parts are better.  I did miss some of the nuances from the translation as well as the footnotes.  (There were a few footnotes in the MTL, but I couldn't figure out how to navigate through them on the pdf with my tablet). I also got confused about some of the characters in Book 3, but it was not significant enough that I felt like I lost the overall story. 

My plan is to go back and re-read everything if/when the translation has been completed.  And some other good news is that if you get through the MTL, nearly all of the extras have been translated, but don't skip ahead because they're full of spoilers.

scorpio within:

Guys, how is the mtl? 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16UqGlKDKbS_4-0YRQ-vPt53QbxTqvu75 

try reading this mtl version. it's not good as the translations but still readable. I couldn't wait until the proper translations come out so I ended up reading the mtl. 

scorpio within:

Guys, how is the mtl? 

If you want the pdf then try this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e_jMahwJZ7ivrcidUMX1goZ_sIOFUfYE/view?usp=sharing