I'm hesitant about reading the novel. Can someone please spoil me around what chapter they get together. Or is it just tragedy/misunderstandings until the end?

Tsubaki:

I'm hesitant about reading the novel. Can someone please spoil me around what chapter they get together. Or is it just tragedy/misunderstandings until the end?

Please do not be hesitant... trust me, it's one of the deepest, most romantic, yet one of the saddest books you can come across.

Tbh, they're together for most of the book... in a different way. I suggest you not spoil anything for urself and just read it.

They actually get together halfway into the book, but the development of their relationship starts off pretty early. But in the start, almost every chapter, u get an insight into how their relationship was in their past life which keeps u going. It might break your heart and get u all riled up, it might even affect ur moral compass, but just keep going. All the plot holes will be filled in the end.

And no, the misunderstandings get cleared up halfway in while the suspense is cleared up towards the end. There are some heartbreaking revelations too that I hope you won't get spoilers for. It is a tragedy with a HE for our main leads. 

There's a reason people LOVE this book and I hope you find that reason soon.

HAPPY READING! :)

Thank you very much for your reply! It's important to me that the main couple interacts frequently even if they aren't together. I guess I'll start reading now. Hopefully I won't cry too much.

Tsubaki:

Thank you very much for your reply! It's important to me that the main couple interacts frequently even if they aren't together. I guess I'll start reading now. Hopefully I won't cry too much. 

They are basically interacting THROUGHOUT the book except for a few chapters here and there that are totally plot-oriented and necessary. So, u don't have to worry about that at all! But like the MC isn't introduced until ch 5 so please be patient :)

And YESSS! But well, cry and let it all out when u have to hehe XD or u will fall into a slump. The pain is real in this book but u will survive!

Magblueroses:

They are basically interacting THROUGHOUT the book except for a few chapters here and there that are totally plot-oriented and necessary. So, u don't have to worry about that at all! But like the MC isn't introduced until ch 5 so please be patient :)

And YESSS! But well, cry and let it all out when u have to hehe XD or u will fall into a slump. The pain is real in this book but u will survive!

Thank you again for recommending me 2Ha! I've been reading since yesterday and can't stop. Chu Wanning's first appearance was such a great scene. <3

Tsubaki:

Thank you again for recommending me 2Ha! I've been reading since yesterday and can't stop. Chu Wanning's first appearance was such a great scene. <3

Yayyy! I'm so glad ur liking it so far! The story just keeps getting better and it is very well-paced so u might never get bored reading it!

Do come here to vent or react to your favorite scenes! We'd be very happy to join you and fangirl :)

Magblueroses:

Yayyy! I'm so glad ur liking it so far! The story just keeps getting better and it is very well-paced so u might never get bored reading it!

Do come here to vent or react to your favorite scenes! We'd be very happy to join you and fangirl :)

Sure! :)

guys i have a question, i cant for the life of me remember who is qin shi zhao. this character is one of leo luo's roles (chu xun, chu wanning, and qin shizhao) WHO IS HE??

dystopianreality:

guys i have a question, i cant for the life of me remember who is qin shi zhao. this character is one of leo luo's roles (chu xun, chu wanning, and qin shizhao) WHO IS HE??

Idk.... but maybe they gave CWN a drama original name for 'Chu Fei' for when TXJ takes him as a concubine? Since TXJ can't take him as a concubine in the drama, maybe they just gave him another position and called him that...? Not sure, just a speculation since I never noticed it and questioned it before.

dystopianreality- I just finished 2ha this past weekend* and I don't remember that character name either.  I'm on board with Magblueroses' speculation.  

*So much for trying to line up my "novel completion" timing with the rumored release date.  Now I get to join the rest of you in the even deeper agony of waiting .  Oh Why did I decide to stalk this page instead of just trusting the original rumored released of "sometime in summer of '21" that I heard about shortly after the drama finished filming?

Cutes:

dystopianreality- I just finished 2ha this past weekend* and I don't remember that character name either.  I'm on board with Magblueroses' speculation.  

*So much for trying to line up my "novel completion" timing with the rumored release date.  Now I get to join the rest of you in the even deeper agony of waiting .  Oh Why did I decide to stalk this page instead of just trusting the original rumored released of "sometime in summer of '21" that I heard about shortly after the drama finished filming? 

There was another rumored release date in "summer of '21"??? Oh gosh, that just gives me hope...

For the past year, I have been living life solely believing in rumors so this is great for me :') At least there's another rumored date to wait for...   It'll keep me hoping and going...

AHAHAHA  condolences.  Your strategy didn't work XD but u still might not have to wait that long so it wasn't entirely fruitless. I have lived too long without any news about the drama that I am currently numb XD I am marking dates as 'two more days to 15th of April', 'another day to 15th', 'a day past 15th'... it's crazy... XDXDXD

@magblueroses - I'm trying to check back here less often, but failing! To clarify, the rumor I heard about this summer purely speculative, and if I recall correctly, was based on perceived expectations for the duration of the drama's post-production activities (dubbing, editing, SFX, censorship, etc).  I started to get my hopes up since those parts reportedly wrapped up more quickly.  (Maybe?)  Sigh, that was before I heard about the "no costume drams this summer"thing. 

This week is my birthday and all I want is for Immortality to drop.  I promise I'd be surprised!  XD

Cutes:

@magblueroses - I'm trying to check back here less often, but failing! To clarify, the rumor I heard about this summer purely speculative, and if I recall correctly, was based on perceived expectations for the duration of the drama's post-production activities (dubbing, editing, SFX, censorship, etc).  I started to get my hopes up since those parts reportedly wrapped up more quickly.  (Maybe?)  Sigh, that was before I heard about the "no costume drams this summer"thing. 

This week is my birthday and all I want is for Immortality to drop.  I promise I'd be surprised!  XD

Heyyy!  Happy Birthday in advance!!! I really hope your wish comes true on your big day because people are running out of patience which is not a good sign!

And I really don't know what to consider 'quickly wrapped up' haha... Immortality had a good 5 months or so for the post-production activities (never really waited for a drama so much which explains my lack of knowledge on this matter), so is that considered quick? 

I also read this comment saying that Immortality is starting to get the 'wrong kind of attention' which could lead to it going through another round of censorship which I REALLY HOPE doesn't happen... that comment scared the hell out of me... so much that I ended up dreaming a dream where I was screaming the house down because the first episode of Immortality was out and my dream ended right when I clicked the play button :') ..... for once reality turned out to be something I didn't want to experience.

The "no costume dramas this summer" is very likely to be true because it seemed to have happened before. I was devastated on the 8th and 15th and I am waiting to be devastated on future dates :') If Immortality drops this week, then your luck is undeniably incredible! (And I really hope it is) But we don't have to completely lose all our hopes since April isn't over yet... and who knows, all these rumors might just turn out to be false one day...

Until then, I'll just go rewatch Feiyu feeding Yunxi for the 3287246th time :) Just bits and pieces to keep us going...

@magblueroses  Thank you for the birthday wishes!  I don't have any clue how long production stuff takes either. =)  It was probably a YouTube video where I heard about the timing thing, so yeah, just speculation and rumors galore.  That video is sooo good.  I'm also tiding myself over on LYX's new photos for the online game A Chinese Ghost Story, which have CW vibes.

I'd bring this discussion back to the book, particularly regarding meatbun's excellent usage of foreshadowing, but I'm new to MDL and I don't know how to use the spoiler tags yet!

The trailer for A Chinese Ghost Story gave such CWN vibes, it's unreal!

And if you're using MDL on a laptop, then just select or triple-click on the paragraph you want to hide under the spoiler tag, and then above the text box, there is an icon that's triangular in shape with an exclamation mark in it, so click on it and you are good to go!