thanks for the update!!!

Yay!!!!!!!!! I am dancing....literally. 

Season I set up the bar really high.  I will keep my fingers crossed in the hope that the following seasons will be satisfying. I will not  hold my expectation too high but high enough ;-)

damasco:

Season I set up the bar really high.  I will keep my fingers crossed in the hope that the following seasons will be satisfying. I will not  hold my expectation too high but high enough ;-)

I hope we won't get disappointed...I have high hope for Fan Xian. 

sjadvocate:

Update from Chinese news article 5/26/2021: Wang screenwriter is done with script for JOL2. He's working on JOL3 script now. Beforehand there was news that actress playing Lin Wan'er (Li Qin) and actor playing Yan Bing Yun (Sean Xiao) may not be returning for JOL2 given their film schedules this year are packed. But with the announcement that both JOL 2 and 3 will be filmed back to back there's a higher chance both will return for the 2nd and 3rd "season" of JOL. 

I hope to see Xiao Zhan again! But given the fact that he is a much more famous actor now, I am guessing (if he decides to be part of JOL 2 and 3) he will be the main / 2nd main role?

marble_q:

Arthdal Chronicles, Original Sin, S.C.I... The wait is killing me

I feel you there!

Latest update: Chen Dao Ming (plays Emperor) and screenwriter Wang Juan got together to discuss JOL. It looks like preparations are being made. Hope to see filming begin by the end of this year. 

Thank God the emperor actor keeps going. I think he does an outstanding job. 

He's a great actor

I am hoping that the quality of the production and story will lure the same actors back, such as Xiao Zhan. It seems to be a good production no matter what role one plays.

Latest update: Zhang Ruo Yun (our male lead), Wu Gang (Chen Ping Ping), and Wayne Wang (Teng Zi Jing) have entered the set for another drama they are collaborating on. It is said that after they finish filming that drama (14 episode historical drama "Xian Wei Jing Xia De Da Ming" - same novelist whose work was adapted into a drama The Longest Day in Chang'an) they will transition into the set of JOL2 (except for Wayne Wang). This is expected to occur in December 2021 or January 2022. 

Thank you for the info.   Well am still waiting for JOL2

Thanks for the update! Hope everything goes well and we get to watch JOL 2 soon <3

Thanks for the update.

Gracious Ly:

Lin Wan'er's weakness is just her illness that affect her physical health.  Her gentleness and kind nature is her strength.    I have no problem with her character.  In fact, am glad she's not those spoilt princess with childish behaviour/thinking.  She was firm in her decision when it comes to love (for Fan Xian), even though her brother and mother tried to talk her out of it.  Fan Xian finds that she's the only one whom he felt most at ease with (other that Teng Zijeng)  and he went to her for emotional support when Teng Zijeng died.  I don't expect to see similarity in every character be it male or female as it will be boring.  JOY had got many interesting characters, each stands out of its own and that's what make this drama so interesting.   All the casts did an excellent job in portraying their roles.  I like Duo Duo too, but somehow I still prefer Lin Wan'er with Fan Xian.  

Totally agree with you