I also found it interesting the writers chose the perfect female character to allow romance to flow smoothly in the background yet keep the interest of the drama in the main plot. 

achuland:

Totally agree with you

I also found it interesting the writers chose the perfect female character to allow romance to flow smoothly in the background yet keep the interest of the drama in the main plot.

I think too, it is different of what we usually see in a drama. Here the female character is not as much "important" as the other female character, but the thing is, for me, she is "Home", she is the place where Fan Xian can go anytime to get a rest, to recharge, to talk, to cry, to be himself.  Like you said, It is amazing to have a great couple but not in the main plot. Being you soul mate doesn't mean that you have to be in the front. 

achuland:

I think too, it is different of what we usually see in a drama. Here the female character is not as much "important" as the other female character, but the thing is, for me, she is "Home", she is the place where Fan Xian can go anytime to get a rest, to recharge, to talk, to cry, to be himself.  Like you said, It is amazing to have a great couple but not in the main plot. Being you soul mate doesn't mean that you have to be in the front. 

I completely agree with you! She is like "home." Seems the most ordinary but is the place that makes the greatest impact especially after a long day/year/journey of fighting and grappling with the rest of the world.

Totally agreed!!!  "HOME" is a comfort!

Latest tea: JOL2 will start filming at the end of November in Xiangshan Global Studios.

Take this with a grain of salt.

White Universe:

Latest tea: JOL2 will start filming at the end of November in Xiangshan Global Studios.

That is good news. Somehow I thought season2 filming was already under way and they were getting ready to film season 3 ? Either way thank you for the news. As long as it actually happens that's the most important. I still haven't been able to overcome the Princess Agents trauma of a non-existing second season...

White Universe:

Finally ??...I really hope this news actually comes to pass. Right now I think any news about filming is good news, just hope it happens.

I wonder if the drama will hold off announcing filming, delay a booting ceremony, or delay announcing official cast, just to avoid the paparazzi that have plagued other high-profile productions. I really want to know the cast, but they may have more peace keeping it quite as long as possible.

Gudrun5:

I wonder if the drama will hold off announcing filming, delay a booting ceremony, or delay announcing official cast, just to avoid the paparazzi that have plagued other high-profile productions. I really want to know the cast, but they may have more peace keeping it quite as long as possible.

Yeah I think so too. I think they'll do everything possible to avoid the saga of season 1 when episodes were leaked. I'm actually expecting plenty of secrecy all round for this season two. I'm only interested in knowing three things; the start of shooting announcement, end of shooting announcement and start of release announcement.

I don't know how accurate this information is but I heard more than 46 episodes were shot during the first shooting. Something like 10 to 14 episodes were cut off to add to season 2. So maybe filming may not take as much time as it should for season 2.

I am the same way. It is annoying when a drama ends with a cliff hanger, and has to wait years for the continuation. Luckily I always research the ending, and due to that I will not watch Joy of life 1, until Joy of life 2 is released without a cliff hanger.

Sandor Lengyel:

I am the same way. It is annoying when a drama ends with a cliff hanger, and has to wait years for the continuation. Luckily I always research the ending, and due to that I will not watch Joy of life 1, until Joy of life 2 is released without a cliff hanger.

Négyszer megnéztem az első részt, az egyik legjobb sorozat. Én is várom a folytatást.  I watched the first part four times, one of the best series. I am also looking forward to the sequel.

Gracious Ly:

Lin Wan'er's weakness is just her illness that affect her physical health.  Her gentleness and kind nature is her strength.    I have no problem with her character.  In fact, am glad she's not those spoilt princess with childish behaviour/thinking.  She was firm in her decision when it comes to love (for Fan Xian), even though her brother and mother tried to talk her out of it.  Fan Xian finds that she's the only one whom he felt most at ease with (other that Teng Zijeng)  and he went to her for emotional support when Teng Zijeng died.  I don't expect to see similarity in every character be it male or female as it will be boring.  JOY had got many interesting characters, each stands out of its own and that's what make this drama so interesting.   All the casts did an excellent job in portraying their roles.  I like Duo Duo too, but somehow I still prefer Lin Wan'er with Fan Xian.  

I totally agree with you. I love Wan'er/FanXian pairing. I like the drama as it's making FanXian a one-woman man.