We have some good and bad news.

Good news
1. JOL 2&3 went through record-filing formalities and can begin filming
2. Seasons 2 and 3 will be filmed consecutively
3. Wu Gang (Chen Pingping) confirmed that he will return for seasons 2 and 3

Bad news
1. Filming is postponed until next year because one of the directors is currently stuck in another film crew
2. JOL 2&3 will not air on TV as they cannot pass censorship

White Universe:

Good news
1. JOL 2&3 went through record-filing formalities and can now begin filming

Bad news
1. Filming is postponed until next year because one of the directors is currently stuck in another film crew

?what does it exactly mean will not air on TV? WIll it be sold to streaming sites such as VIKI ??

BTW thank you for the good news

damasco:

?what does it exactly mean will not air on TV? WIll it be sold to streaming sites such as VIKI ??

BTW thank you for the good news

They'll air on Tencent/WeTV so no worries :)

You're welcome.

White Universe:

You're welcome.

Ufff! Thanks

Text reads “Joy of Life 2 begins/starts”

I believe filming will start in the upcoming months. 

Here is a photo to get us excited until then.

Photo was released not too long ago....so hope we will hear the starting of filming announcement soon.

White Universe:

You're welcome.

Well..I am worried because we are in US don't have Tencent or WeTV.  But the good news is welcomed! Yay!! Any news about Xiao Zhan as Yan BingYun?? Will he be in? Rumor has it that he's too busy to take a part. Please...please tell me that's not true.

I am going to do a happy dance....JOL 2/3 at the same time. Huray!!

Josh55_anzhi:

I don't know how accurate this information is but I heard more than 46 episodes were shot during the first shooting. Something like 10 to 14 episodes were cut off to add to season 2. So maybe filming may not take as much time as it should for season 2.

Heard they will have 30 episodes each on JOL 2 or 3. I am excited....

White Universe:

Good news
1. JOL 2&3 went through record-filing formalities and can begin filming

Bad news

OH MY GOD

I FEEL LIKE IT'S BEEN LIKE AGES, 

CANT BE CALM  BE UNTIL THEY RELEASE

STILL, I AM WAITING 

Xtinew:

Well..I am worried because we are in US don't have Tencent or WeTV.  But the good news is welcomed! Yay!! Any news about Xiao Zhan as Yan BingYun?? Will he be in? Rumor has it that he's too busy to take a part. Please...please tell me that's not true.

As a suggestion, you may be able to install a VPN that allows you to connect as if you are in other countries whenever you need to access a specific streaming site or drama.  You may search for the most recommended VPN for your country and then access WeTV by connecting through an Asian country where WeTV is available.

Xtinew:

The possibility of XZ returning for seasons 2 & 3 is unlikely. He was twentyfirst billed in season 1 and he filmed it before his rise to fame. With his current popularity and status, his studio picks mostly male lead roles for him. Even if he's third billed in the upcoming seasons, I don't think his studio will accept that.

White Universe:

The possibility of XZ returning for seasons 2 & 3 is unlikely. He was twentyfirst billed in season 1 and he filmed it before his rise to fame. With his current popularity and status, his studio picks mostly male lead roles for him. Even if he's third billed in the upcoming seasons, I don't think his studio will accept that.

Oh dang it! Xiao Zhan is another actor that pulling interest to JOL...and Yan BingYun will hold important role to Fang Xian growth of professional character so I really hope Xiao Zhan will participate in it. Like the Wolf, he wasn't main lead although he's the most interesting character there. Who's going to be Yan BingYun if it wasn't Xiao Zhan?? I am sad....

Xtinew:

Oh dang it! Xiao Zhan is another actor that pulling interest to JOL...and Yan BingYun will hold important role to Fang Xian growth of professional character so I really hope Xiao Zhan will participate in it. Like the Wolf, he wasn't main lead although he's the most interesting character there. Who's going to be Yan BingYun if it wasn't Xiao Zhan?? I am sad....

I agree with White Universe. The chances XZ will be in JOL 2 and 3 are more slim given his rise in popularity and the fact is it not his call but his agency’s call to make (and if he’s getting main lead roles not likely agency will accept anything less). I believe him starring in Wolf happened before Untamed was released so that’s why he can be a side character there.  I don’t think the production team will release the casting list for YBY before JOL 2 and 3 airs simply because  if XZ is not in it it will attract a lot of negative attention from XZ fans. 

sjadvocate:

I agree with White Universe. The chances XZ will be in JOL 2 and 3 are more slim given his rise in popularity and the fact is it not his call but his agency’s call to make (and if he’s getting main lead roles not likely agency will accept anything less). I believe him starring in Wolf happened before Untamed was released so that’s why he can be a side character there.  I don’t think the production team will release the casting list for YBY before JOL 2 and 3 airs simply because  if XZ is not in it it will attract a lot of negative attention from XZ fans. 

That is too bad. I assumed that XZ could now make his own choices about roles due to an agreement with his agency, but who knows what the agreement actually says. His goal has been to be able to choose roles for himself. Either way, JOL 2 is one of my most anticipated dramas, it is just hard to keep up the same attachment to characters when the actors change.

Gudrun5:

That is too bad. I assumed that XZ could now make his own choices about roles due to an agreement with his agency, but who knows what the agreement actually says. His goal has been to be able to choose roles for himself. Either way, JOL 2 is one of my most anticipated dramas, it is just hard to keep up the same attachment to characters when the actors change.

I agree with you. If I were Xiao Zhan I would have the authority and freedom to take in role that's good. I mean he pay his agency, he is his own boss, why shouldn't he choose his own interest?  Lately, his drama wasn't that great, there're more better one that his recent dramas so that proves his agency didn't look out his best interest. Anyway, whatever...too bad we're going to see different actor for Yan BingYun character.  I also think that Xiao Zhan understand that we all want him as Yan BingYun....and he has to make up an excuse (on press interview) why he isn't take in Yan GongZe role in the future...lame excuse for try not to offend the agency...while his drama wasn't in the box office for a while.